A 4 week photography course taking you beyond the camera and into the world of digital post processing. Make the most of your shots and learn to manipulate them creatively. We cover the entire workflow from import to export!
Enrol in Sydney's most thorough Adobe Lightroom course designed by pro photographers!
This photography course is run on various week nights for 4 weeks from 6:30pm to 9:30pm
We take you on a comprehensive journey through Adobe Lightroom, from capture to output, whilst exploring the practical and creative functionality of the industry standard photo editing software. If you want to make the most of your shots and manipulate them into something amazing, this Adobe Lightroom course covers all the bases.
Our Lightroom Series are bigger than just simply editing your images. Through a series of practical 'hands on' exercises, assignments, presentations and informal discussions, we cover a broad range of topics to streamline your process and make your editing workflow easier. We will provide the fundamental skills to any photographer to get the most out of their digital images.
Cut your editing time in half whilst producing pro quality images from your captures!
You will learn how to download and import your images into the Adobe Lightroom software then organise and manage a number of photo collections. This will make searching individual images from several thousand easy and quick through keyword allocation.
We move on to show you how to prepare and export your images for either online or printed presentation as you are guided through a professionally developed workflow. Utilising a range of image file formats we will introduce you to the world of the digital negative (these will be supplied). We will then explore the editing and creative capabilities of Lightroom, organising, working on and exporting your now magnificent images. We will also examine the various methods to output your images.
You will be given weekly assignments culminating in a hands on printing session of your favourite image in class to take home. At the conclusion of this workshop you’ll understand enough about Camera RAW and Adobe Lightroom to take your images to the next level.
LAPTOPS WITH ADOBE LIGHTROOM INSTALLED ARE ESSENTIAL FOR THIS COURSE
Basic overview of some of the topics:
- Understanding the digital capture process
- RAW - The digital negative
- Creative image manipulation techniques
- Colour management
- White balance control
- RAW exposure techniques
- Camera set-up for RAW shooting
- Digital workflow techniques
- Tethering your camera to lightroom
- Creating & managing your image library
- Getting the perfect file
- Preparing files for output & sharing
This workshop is $425 for a total of 12hrs Tuition
Your fee includes the following:
- Professional Photographer & Digital Imaging Expert providing 12 hours tuition
- Use of Monitor or Screen Colour Profiler
- USB key with sample images to work on
- Your A3 print to take home (inks and consumables included)
- Light refreshments throughout (includes water, tea & coffee)
N.B. Classes are run subject to acquiring minimum numbers
THIS IS A BOUTIQUE EXPERIENCE - MAXIMUM NO. OF STUDENTS PER CLASS IS 8
You will need to know your way around your camera and have a basic understanding of the digital medium.
Basic computer knowledge essential.
You will need:
- A laptop with Adobe Lightroom installed. If you do not have Adobe Lightroom installed you can simply download a free 30 day trial.
- Dress casual & comfortable
* Images of past students with their prints from the final night of the course