The perfect 'all rounder' course for travellers using any camera.
A very good course for photographers of all levels who wish to learn real life shooting skills in a variety of locations and conditions to bring back iconic photographs from their travels.
The course emphasises the need to be versatile in your photography - to be able to adapt your shooting style to suit varying conditions that you will encounter. If its raining you can focus on shooting macro, portraiture or internal aspects of iconic buildings, if its classic landscapes you learn the best times of day to capture the perfect light, if its people photography you are in to then a photo-documentary style is imperative for India or Africa.
You will get individual advice on what gear to buy and where to get the best deals, and provide you with shooting tips for a variety of destinations. We will ensure you know all the buttons and functions on your cameras, which lens suit what purposes and accessories that may be handy. Detailed notes will be forwarded to you on completion of the course which will include information that we cover on the day plus tips on the best time to go, storing your images whilst away, battery life, camera care, security issues, etiquette and much more.
The Travel Photography course is a ‘hands on’ outdoors 7 hour course. We use a variety of great Fremantle locations to give you a feel for diverse scenarios. Snapping boats and water at the Fisherman’s Boat Harbour replicates a Greek holiday, nature and flowers in cottage gardens is practice for shooting in the English Lakes District, the tips on architecture photography in the West End can be transported to pictures in the Montmartre area of Paris. The iconic Fremantle Town Hall emulates a sense of the village square of France or Southern Spain and the expansive roofline of the Maritime Museum give you skills in shooting snow-covered scenes in the polar regions. Learn to shoot the street life of New York by discovering the eclectic mix of characters and artwork Fremantle has to offer.
We give you a taste of what the world has to offer with images from Paris, London, Turkey, Greece, India, Vietnam, The Red Centre, Namibia, The Kimberleys and New York to keep you inspired!
• Learn how to use every feature on your digital camera to the full
• Get unbiased advice on what camera gear is best suited for your travel destination
• Know the right gear to suit you travelling style
• Get great shots of iconic Fremantle locations and environments
• Cover an array of travel photography scenarios that you may encounter when travelling Antarctica, Himalaya, Asia, Burma, Mongolia, The Andes, Paris, London , Rome, Scotland, Turkey, Greece, Vietnam, The Red Centre, Namibia, Kenya, South Africa and more
• Learn low light and action photography techniques
• Small groups (10 persons maximum)
• Interactive, dynamic, fun. Real life shooting
WHAT THE COURSE COVERS:
• Overview of your camera functions
• White balance & filters
• Suggested cameras and accessories
• ISO speed/ shutter speeds
• Reportage style: capture ‘a day in Fremantle’
• Still life /macro
• Direction of light / creative composition
• Interiors & exteriors
• Unusual viewpoints & tilting
• Balancing interior/exterior light
• Lens and linear perspective / depth of field
• Contrast & dynamic range
• Visual design / eliminating clutter
• Flash & ambient light
• Candid & locational portraiture
• Low light photography
• Landscapes / seascapes
• Capturing motion
• Heat & dust, snow & cold
• Profiling photogenic locations
• Best time, best light
• Instruction from professional photographer Serena Pearce and/ or Andrew Thomasson
• Detailed notes
• Camera, lens and accessory shopping service
• Complimentary portraits
• Personal assessment and critique of your work
• Custom tailored advice your destination
COURSE SCHEDULE :
Start time : 10am or 1pm
End Time : 5pm or 8pm
Meeting Location : Little Creatures Brewery - 40 Mews Rd Fremantle (look for the red hire bikes)
All day parking is available at Carpark 11 at the end of Norfolk St for $11.50 per day