The Southern Highlands NSW photography course is ideal for those wishing to understand how to get the best out of their DLSR, mirror-less or compact camera. It teaches the fundamentals of digital imaging, of handling light and the art of composition. 'Hands on' workshops throughout the day course are intuitive, easy to understand and tutored by a professional photographer.
The Southern Highlands photography course is located in the beautiful Kangaroo Valley and historic Southern Highlands. An amazing amphitheatre of high sandstone escarpments enclosing a lush river valley provide a rich and diverse environment for the photographer. You will learn how to shoot landscapes, 19th century architecture, nature, waterfalls and more. This is a varied and fascinating course offering a diverse range of photographic subjects encompassing a beautiful and uncluttered part of NSW.
This course is ideal for those wishing to understand how to get the best out of their DLSR, mirror-less or compact camera. It teaches the fundamentals of digital imaging, of handling light and the art of composition. 'Hands on' workshops throughout the day course are intuitive, easy to understand and tutored by a professional photographer. Detailed notes and a complimentary critique of your images ensures your newly learned skills are retained.
• Gourmet food, wine tasting, architecture, landscapes, flowers, black and white portraiture
• The Historic village of Berrima (founded in 1830s). A focus on shooting architecture
• Bowral has become one of Australia's leading festival town
• Bundanoon: learning to shoot in low light interiors of the historic pubs
• Lookout from Cambewarra Mountain for panoramic shots of the valley, Nowra and the coast.
• Hampden Bridge, built in the 1890's, is Australia's oldest suspension bridge
• Berry’s boutique wineries of note and the restaurants and local gourmet food outlets
• Meeting point: Gumnut Patisserie, Post Office Corner, Hume Highway, Berrima - outside tables at 10am
• A large variety of locations over one full day including:
• Historic Berrima
• Historic Robertson
• Kangaroo Valley
• Complete understanding of your DLSR, mirrorless, compact, smartphone or film camera functions
• Composition, light, viewpoint, angles, lens perspective
• Aperture, shutter speed, depth of field, ISO setting, white balance, exposure compensation
• Landscape photography in Kangaroo Valley
• Landscapes at Fitzroy Falls
• Flora photography in the Everglade Gardens
• Architecture photography of the historic villages of Berrima and Robertson
• Portraiture in Berrima including black and white
• An insight into photographing for personal, stock, editorial and commercial use
Tour host/ instructor:
• Andrew Thomasson
• Must be able to walk 2-3km on the day
• Detailed notes
• Transportation (or bring your own vehicle)
• Lunches, snacks etc.
• Driving from location to location and walking.
• You can use your own vehicle or we have room for 4 persons in our Merc wagon
• $100 Focus 10 gift voucher given to you on the day to use towards any other Focus 10 course