The Southern Highlands NSW photography course is ideal for those wishing to understand how to get the best out of their DLSR, mirror-less or compact camera. It teaches the fundamentals of digital imaging, of handling light and the art of composition. 'Hands on' workshops throughout the day course are intuitive, easy to understand and tutored by a professional photographer.
The Southern Highlands photography course is located in the beautiful Kangaroo Valley and historic Southern Highlands. An amazing amphitheatre of high sandstone escarpments enclosing a lush river valley provide a rich and diverse environment for the photographer. You will learn how to shoot landscapes, 19th century architecture, nature, waterfalls and more. This is a varied and fascinating course offering a diverse range of photographic subjects encompassing a beautiful and uncluttered part of NSW.
This course is ideal for those wishing to understand how to get the best out of their DLSR, mirror-less or compact camera. It teaches the fundamentals of digital imaging, of handling light and the art of composition. 'Hands on' workshops throughout the day course are intuitive, easy to understand and tutored by a professional photographer. Detailed notes and a complimentary critique of your images ensures your newly learned skills are retained.
• Gourmet food, wine tasting, architecture, landscapes, flowers, black and white portraiture
• The Historic village of Berrima (founded in 1830s). A focus on shooting architecture
• Bowral has become one of Australia's leading festival town
• Bundanoon: learning to shoot in low light interiors of the historic pubs
• Lookout from Cambewarra Mountain for panoramic shots of the valley, Nowra and the coast.
• Hampden Bridge, built in the 1890's, is Australia's oldest suspension bridge
• Berry’s boutique wineries of note and the restaurants and local gourmet food outlets
• Meeting point: Gumnut Patisserie, Post Office Corner, Hume Highway, Berrima - outside tables at 10am
• A large variety of locations over one full day including:
• Historic Berrima
• Historic Robertson
• Kangaroo Valley
• Complete understanding of your DLSR, mirrorless, compact, smartphone or film camera functions
• Composition, light, viewpoint, angles, lens perspective
• Aperture, shutter speed, depth of field, ISO setting, white balance, exposure compensation
• Landscape photography in Kangaroo Valley
• Landscapes at Fitzroy Falls
• Flora photography in the Everglade Gardens
• Architecture photography of the historic villages of Berrima and Robertson
• Portraiture in Berrima including black and white
• An insight into photographing for personal, stock, editorial and commercial use
Tour host/ instructor:
• Andrew Thomasson
• Must be able to walk 2-3km on the day
• Detailed notes
• Transportation (or bring your own vehicle)
• Lunches, snacks etc.
• Driving from location to location and walking.
• You can use your own vehicle or we have room for 4 persons in our vehicle
• $100 Focus 10 gift voucher given to you on the day to use towards any other Focus 10 course
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Paying for your course in full upon booking will confirm your attendance. Places are limited on all courses.
We reserve the right to cancel and reschedule any course, due to inadequate enrolment, bad weather, instructor illness, an 'act of God' or a force majeure such as a pandemic. As an example, a photography course has to be cancelled or deferred to another date and time due to Covid 19 border closures and lockdowns which is beyond the control of Focus 10 Pty Ltd and other related parties. We also reserve the right to cancel any course if there is insufficient demand, especially if it means that our costs would be higher than our income. Please therefore do not leave it until the last few weeks if you are interested in a particular date, as you may find that it has been cancelled. As our costs for each training event remain the same no matter how many delegates attend, like any pre-booked tickets for the theatre, concert, flights etc, we are unable to give a full refund in the event of non-attendance, regardless of the circumstances. If withdrawal occurs within the 14 days before the course starts we will try to put you on an alternative date if places are available. Please note that we cannot be liable for any other costs incurred by yourself, so please check with us before booking any non-refundable accommodation or transport.
We reserve the right to take photographic, (both still and video) records of any of our workshops/courses which may be used for promotional purposes, submissions, advertising and records. We grant permission for participants to use any images captured by them during this workshop for self-promotion only. Participants may not make any financial gain from any images captured during this workshop/course.