Gourmet photography course / Margaret River | 2 days superlative weekend to expand your photographic repertoire whilst having fun!
• A bespoke, fun, incisive photography course
• World class gourmet Margaret River region
• The ideal weekend escape
• Ten workshops over 17 hours including gourmet food and wine and landscape
• Flexibility to mix n' match the workshops
• Fun, dynamic, creative, well researched itinerary
• Camera gear, lenses and accessories
• Technique: advanced lighting and composition
• Small groups of like minded photographers
• PDF notes on the 10 workshops
• 2 professional, personable photographer / tutors
Accommodation / travel package advice
$690 (17 hrs over 2 days)
'Gourmet Photography' course / Margaret River
Margaret River and its premium wine region is the place for indulging many passions. It's the only wine region in Australia where you can hop from award-winning wineries and restaurants to stunning beaches, tall-timber forests, world-class surf breaks and ancient caves.... Situated just a few hours drive from Perth, the region offers a huge selection of world-class wineries, gourmet food and boutique accommodation making it ideal for a romantic getaway, weekend escape and a brilliant location for this course.
This 2 day weekend Photography course in Margaret River is a structured into a series of 10 workshops covering food and wine, landscapes, portraiture, action, nature, lifestyle, architecture, camera gear and camera handling in the world famous Margaret River region renowned for its natural beauty and spoilt for top quality gourmet food, wine, gorgeous beaches, rolling, green hills and tall Karri forests. What can beat shooting surfers whilst savouring a local wine as the sun slowly sinks into the Indian ocean.
• 17 hours of incisive, fun and creative workshops
• Broad coverage on camera gear, lens, accessories
• Variety of scenarios and photographic topics
• Understanding of shooting to a brief
• Creating a photography portfolio
• Understanding Lightroom 5 / output to screen and print
• How to make a souvenir coffee table book
• A great social weekend enjoying fine food and wine
• Ongoing networking, advice and technical support
WHAT THE COURSE COVERS:
• What gear: camera gear, lenses and accessories to shoot a variety of scenarios
• Camera handling: how to use your camera to its fullest potential covering all buttons and functions
• Telling a story: Show-piecing the gourmet Margaret River region with workshops on:
• Food & wine: setting up still life settings with props, lighting and composition, use of macro & picture style
• Landscapes: expanding your creative vision to capture sunsets, beaches and forests & use of different lenses
• Portraits: capturing the locals and each other in different settings and moods. An understanding of lens perspective, lighting, depth of field and viewpoint
• Action: of wave riders, beach goers, wildlife, focus points/modes, panning & continuous drive
• Lifestyle: shooting to a 'brief' to produce great images, picnic, winery and sunset setups
• Nature: an alluring mosaic of forest, vines and surf creates a perfect location to create stunning images
• Architecture: the region provides a kaleidoscope of historic and modern styles to hone your skills on
• The end result: handling different light and subjects to produce quality images and output to print and screen
Day 1 (10am - 7pm)
Day 2 (9am - 5pm)
Meeting point (both days) is Blue Ginger Finefoods, 31 Station Rd, Margaret River
Andrew Thomasson BSc (Director of Focus 10) Andrew founded Focus 10 in 1991 and as an award winning photographer, has shot commercial, wedding and stock photography in all corners of the globe. He is also one of the main tutors and photography tour leaders for Focus 10 Pty Ltd. which runs Australian and worldwide photography courses, workshops and tours. Andrew has a broad and wide ranging photographic expertise and is a skilled and light hearted tutor.
Serena Pearce Dip. Photo. B.App.Sc. Member A.I.P.P ( Director of Code Lime Photography) Serena as a AIPP Accredited Professional Photographer has the privilege of shooting much of Perth's best real estate and architecture. She also lectures at the University of WA in Architectural Photography as well as undertaking corporate and domestic portraiture, medical photography, and lifestyle and landscape commercial work. Serena as a Western Australian resident knows WA and the Margaret River area intimately and has a bubbly, infectious personality.
Andrew and Serena run joint photography courses around Australia and bring to this photography course their fun-loving nature, energy and a passion for photography and travel.
* We reserve the right to delete or add to the list according to the weather and consensus of the group
• Food and Wine - Watershed Winery, Voyager Estate, Hay Shed Hill Winery, Margaret River Chocolate Company, Olio Bello Olive Oil Company, Margaret River Dairy Company
• Redgate Beach Blowholes
• Hamelin Bay, Boranup Forest
• Limestone caves
• Canal Rocks
• Sugarloaf Rocks
• Eagle Bay
• Leeuwin- Naturaliste National Park
• Cape Leeuwin National Park
• Margaret River
• Prevelly and Gnarabup
• Metricup and Wilyabrup
• Anyone with an interest in having a true gourmet food, wine and art experience in the beautiful surrounds of one of Australia's premier wine growing regions
• Those wanting to take their photography skills to the next level having grasped the basic buttons and functions of their camera
Everyone who love their photography and deserves a fun, relaxing weekend away
• Travellers looking for feedback and a different viewpoint to improve their photography skills
• Photographers who want 'a very hands on' learning experience with the workshops, different locations, critiques, equipment review, and have a lot of question/answer time
• Self taught hobbyist photographers who has never taken a course but like the idea of learning new skills
COURSE PRICE & INCLUSIONS:
• 16 hours of instruction from professional photographers
• Notes on each of the 10 workshops
• Ongoing equipment and technique advisory service
• Sunset snacks and wine
• Transportation over the 2 days (or you are welcome to use your own vehicle)
NOT INCLUDED: Your accommodation, food and items of a personal nature over the 2 days
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Paying for your course in full upon booking will confirm your attendance. Places are limited on all courses.
We reserve the right to cancel and reschedule any course, due to inadequate enrolment, bad weather, instructor illness, an 'act of God' or a force majeure such as a pandemic. As an example, a photography course has to be cancelled or deferred to another date and time due to Covid 19 border closures and lockdowns which is beyond the control of Focus 10 Pty Ltd and other related parties. We also reserve the right to cancel any course if there is insufficient demand, especially if it means that our costs would be higher than our income. Please therefore do not leave it until the last few weeks if you are interested in a particular date, as you may find that it has been cancelled. As our costs for each training event remain the same no matter how many delegates attend, like any pre-booked tickets for the theatre, concert, flights etc, we are unable to give a full refund in the event of non-attendance, regardless of the circumstances. If withdrawal occurs within the 14 days before the course starts we will try to put you on an alternative date if places are available. Please note that we cannot be liable for any other costs incurred by yourself, so please check with us before booking any non-refundable accommodation or transport.
We reserve the right to take photographic, (both still and video) records of any of our workshops/courses which may be used for promotional purposes, submissions, advertising and records. We grant permission for participants to use any images captured by them during this workshop for self-promotion only. Participants may not make any financial gain from any images captured during this workshop/course.