The Blue Mountains offers a diverse range of landscapes, delicate close-up macro photography studies, remote valleys and gorges, plunging waterfalls, abundant bird life and opulent architecture left over from a bygone era.
Our Blue Mountains Photography course have justifiably earned its reputation as one of our leading photographic course destinations. This 'all rounder' course offers a diverse range of photography subjects - beautiful landscapes, plunging waterfalls, abundant bird life, opulent architecture left over from a bygone era and lots of lifestyle portraiture throughout.
The Blue Mountains photography course is ideal for those wishing to understand how to get the best out of their DLSR, mirrorless or compact camera. It teaches the fundamentals of digital imaging, of handling light and the art of composition. 'Hands on' workshops throughout the course are intuitive, easy to understand and tutored by a professional photographer. Detailed notes and a complimentary critique of your images ensures your newly learned skills are retained.
■ An 'all rounder' Blue Mountains photography course
■ Learning Architectural photography- The Carrington, Leura & Hydro Majestic
■ Nature photography - Everglade gardens and Valley of the Waters
■ Light and contrast of Jameson Valley and Three Sisters
■ Small groups, free portraits, notes
• Complete understanding of your DLSR, mirrorless, compact, smartphone or film camera functions
• Composition, light, viewpoint, angles, lens perspective
• Aperture, shutter speed, depth of field, ISO setting, white balance, exposure compensation
• Landscape photography throughout
• Flora photography in the Everglade Gardens
• Architecture photography of the historic villages of Leura
• Portraiture in Blackheath including black and white
• An insight into photographing for personal, stock, editorial and commercial use
Tour host/ instructor:
• Andrew Thomasson
• Meeting point: Everglades Gardens - (outside main entrance of the gift & ticket shop)
• Must be able to walk 2-3km on the day
• Detailed notes
• Transportation (or bring your own vehicle)
• Lunches, snacks etc.
• Driving from location to location and walking.
• You can use your own vehicle or we have room for 4 persons in our Merc wagon
• $100 Focus 10 gift voucher given to you on the day to use towards any other Focus 10 course