The Focus 10 Beginners Photography course / workshop in Sydney is ideal for those wanting to learn the essentials of photography. It teaches the fundamentals of digital imaging, of handling light and the art of composition. It's also the ideal course to learn how to use your DLSR, mirrorless or compact camera. 'Hands on' workshops throughout the course are intuitive, easy to understand and tutored by a professional photographer.
• Iconic Sydney locations • outdoors • night shoot • small groups • dynamic • fun • detailed notes • 7 hours: $350
The Focus 10 Beginners Photography course in Sydney is ideal for those wanting to learn the essentials of photography. It teaches the fundamentals of digital imaging, of handling light and the art of composition. It's also the complete course to understand how to get the best out of your DLSR, mirrorless or compact camera with manual controls. 'Hands on' workshops throughout the course are intuitive, easy to understand and tutored by the professional photographer Andrew Thomasson.
We focus on practical 'hands on' shooting with an emphasis on camera handling, menu options, JPEG & RAW files, white and colour balance, ISO, focus / exposure modes and pre-sets. Practical workshops over the seven hours cover types of lighting, rules of composition, candid portraits, lifestyle, food, reflections, architecture, perspective, view point and more. All taking place in great Sydney locations. Detailed notes ensures your newly learned skills are retained.
The Focus 10 Digital 1 photography course is suited to anyone...... singles, parents, students, travellers, journalists, government employees, graphic designers....for as one of Australia's most reputable and innovative photography companies, we have taught people from all walks of life for over 30 years.
• Learn how to use your DLSR camera or digital compact
• Fast track your photographic technical and artistic skills
• Get great shots of iconic Sydney locations
• Small groups (6 persons maximum)
• Interactive, dynamic, fun, creative
• Free camera shopping service & ongoing technical support
WHAT THE COURSE COVERS:
• Your DLSR digital camera functions
• Memory, file sizes, formats, storage
• Composition, light, viewpoint, angles, lens perspective
• Aperture, shutter speed, depth of field, ISO setting, white balance, exposure compensation
• Portraiture, landscapes, macro, reportage, still life, action, motion, cityscapes, architecture, nature, flowers
• Use of your flash & shooting techniques in low-light conditions.
• Andrew Thomasson
• No prior photography knowledge
• We recommend you have a digital DLSR camera, mirrorless or quality compact with manual controls. You can rent a DLSR camera from us for $50 per course - find out what camera brand you like!
• Memory Card(s) - we recommend at least a 4GB card for all courses. We sell memory cards
• Camera accessories - such as a polarising filter (tripods useful but not essential)
• Charged camera battery
COURSE PRICE & INCLUSIONS
• 7 Hours: AUD $350
• Instruction from professional photographers
• Detailed notes
• Camera, lens and accessory shopping service
MEETING POINT & TIME
•18 Argyle Street, Sydney
• this is opposite the Clocktower and near the red phone box
•10am to 5pm