The Focus 10 Beginners Photography course in Melbourne is ideal for those wanting to learn the essentials of photography. It teaches the fundamentals of digital imaging, of handling light and the art of composition. It's also the ideal course to learn how to use your DLSR, mirrorless or compact camera. 'Hands on' workshops throughout the course are intuitive and are easy to understand.
This comprehensive Melbourne and Yarra valley based photography course for those starting out in photography teaches the fundamentals of digital imaging, of handling light and the art of composition. It's also the complete course to understand how to get the best out of your DLSR, mirrorless or compact camera with manual controls. 'Hands on' workshops throughout the course are intuitive, easy to understand and the course also includes our online Beginners course valued at $490.
We focus on practical 'hands on' shooting with an emphasis on camera handling, menu options, JPEG & RAW files, white and colour balance, ISO, focus / exposure modes and pre-sets. Practical workshops over the 15 hours cover types of lighting, rules of composition, candid portraits, lifestyle, wildlife, food, reflections, architecture, perspective, view point, the basics of editing and more. All taking place in great Melbourne and Yarra Valley locations. As a great bonus this course includes our 755 page Online Beginners Photography Course valued at $490
This course makes the ideal gift to friends, family or business associates as a gift voucher. Many of our participants are travelling from regional Victoria or Interstate incorporating the course within a mini break or extended Victorian holiday.
• Melbourne CBD
• Melbourne zoo
• St Kilda beaches
• Yarra Valley wineries & general
• Historic Healesville
• Learn how to use your DLSR camera, mirrorless or compact
• Learn the basics of editing using Lightroom
• Fast track your photographic technical and artistic skills
• Get great shots of iconic Melbourne & Yarra valley locations
• Small groups (6 persons maximum)
• Interactive, dynamic, fun, creative
• Free camera shopping service & ongoing technical support
WHAT THE COURSE COVERS:
• Your DLSR digital camera functions
• Memory, file sizes, formats, storage
• Composition, light, viewpoint, angles, lens perspective
• Aperture, shutter speed, depth of field, ISO setting, white balance, exposure compensation
• Portraiture, landscapes, macro, reportage, still life, action, motion, cityscapes, architecture, nature, flowers
• Use of your flash & shooting techniques in low-light conditions.
• Andrew Thomasson
• No prior photography knowledge
• We recommend you have a digital DLSR camera, mirrorless or quality compact with manual controls. You can rent a DLSR camera from us for $80 per course - find out what camera brand you like!
• Memory Card(s) - we recommend at least a 4GB card for all courses. We sell memory cards.
• Camera accessories - such as a polarising filter (tripods useful but not essential)
• Charged camera battery
COURSE PRICE & INCLUSIONS
• 15 Hours | AUD $790
• Instruction from professional photographer
• 755 page Online Beginners Photography Course valued at $490
• Camera, lens and accessory shopping service
MEETING POINT & TIME
• Day 1 - Riverland Cafe - Federation Square 9am to 5pm
• Day 2 - Chandon Estate - Yarra Valley 10am to 5pm