The Focus 10 Beginners Photography course in Hobart is ideal for those wanting to learn the essentials of photography. It teaches the fundamentals of digital imaging, of handling light and the art of composition. It's also the ideal course to learn how to use your DLSR, mirrorless or compact camera. 'Hands on' workshops throughout the course are intuitive, easy to understand and tutored by a professional photographer.
The Focus 10 Beginners Photography course in Hobart is ideal for those wanting to learn the essentials of photography. It teaches the fundamentals of digital imaging, of handling light and the art of composition. It's also the complete course to understand how to get the best out of your DLSR, mirrorless or compact camera with manual controls. 'Hands on' workshops throughout the course are intuitive, easy to understand and tutored by the professional photographer Andrew Thomasson.
We focus on practical 'hands on' shooting with an emphasis on camera handling, menu options, JPEG & RAW files, white and colour balance, ISO, focus / exposure modes and pre-sets. Practical workshops over the seven hours cover types of lighting, rules of composition, candid portraits, lifestyle, food, reflections, architecture, perspective, view point and more. All taking place in great Hobart locations. Detailed notes ensures your newly learned skills are retained.
This course makes the ideal gift to friends, family or business associates as a gift voucher. Many of our participants are flying over from the mainland incorporating the course within a mini break or extended Tasmanian holiday.
• Hobart waterfront and Franklin wharf
• Salamanca market ( Saturday courses only)
• Photographing Georgian architecture throughout
• Mount Wellington and Mount Nelson Lookout
• Battery Point & Sullivans Cove
• Myrtle Forest / nature photography & waterfalls
• Learn how to use your DLSR camera or digital compact
• Fast track your photographic technical and artistic skills
• Get great shots of iconic Hobart locations
• Small groups (8 persons maximum)
• Interactive, dynamic, fun, creative
• Free camera shopping service & ongoing technical support
WHAT THE COURSE COVERS:
• Your DLSR digital camera functions
• Memory, file sizes, formats, storage
• Composition, light, viewpoint, angles, lens perspective
• Aperture, shutter speed, depth of field, ISO setting, white balance, exposure compensation
• Portraiture, landscapes, macro, reportage, still life, action, motion, cityscapes, architecture, nature, flowers
• Use of your flash & shooting techniques in low-light conditions.
• No prior photography knowledge
• We recommend you have a digital DLSR camera, mirrorless or quality compact with manual controls. You can rent a DLSR camera from us for $50 per course - find out what camera brand you like!
• Memory Card(s) - we recommend at least a 4GB card for all courses. We sell memory cards.
• Camera accessories - such as a polarising filter (tripods useful but not essential)
• Charged camera battery
COURSE PRICE & INCLUSIONS
• 7 Hours | AUD $290
• Instruction from professional photographers
• Detailed notes
• Camera, lens and accessory shopping service
MEETING POINT & TIME
• Tasmanian Travel & Information Centre - 20 Davey Street, Hobart TAS
• 10am to 5pm