The Focus 10 Beginners Photography course in Canberra is ideal for those wanting to learn the essentials of photography. It teaches the fundamentals of digital imaging, of handling light and the art of composition. It's also the ideal course to learn how to use your DLSR, mirrorless or compact camera. 'Hands on' workshops throughout the course are intuitive, easy to understand and tutored by a professional photographer.
• The best 'all rounder' introductory course to digital photography • Iconic locations • Outdoors photography • Small groups • 'Hands on' camera handling • Fundamental techniques of photography • Detailed notes • Portraits, cityscapes, reflections, up-close (macro shots) & more • Cost: $290
The Focus 10 Digital Beginners photography course in Canberra is our most popular and introduces beginners and intermediate photographers into the fabulous world of digital imaging. Its cost effective, you can adjust your images, delete the bad photographs, display them in a variety of mediums. Digital photography is fun, creative and inspirational.
We focus on practical 'hands on' shooting with a strong emphasis on camera handling at both iconic and lesser known locations - not sitting in a classroom learning theory. There's intuitive instruction on lighting and composition along with everything from exposure control to white balance, from ISO settings to focus options. The course is about practical demonstrations to train your eye to paint light onto a subject, how to select the right lens and the use of aperture and shutter speed to control the creative process.
This course is ideal for those wishing to understand and get the best out of their current DLSR camera. If you do not have a digital camera yet we hire Nikon and Canon cameras. Its best to find out what camera system suits your budget and needs then utilize our unbiased technical advice on gear and suppliers to get the best deal.
• Learn how to use your DLSR camera or digital compact properly
• Fast track your photographic technical and artistic skills
• Get great shots of iconic locations in Canberra
• Small groups (10 persons maximum)
• Interactive, dynamic, fun, creative
• Free camera shopping service & ongoing technical support
What the course covers:
• Your DLSR digital camera functions
• Memory, file sizes, formats, storage
• Composition, light, viewpoint, angles, lens perspective
• Aperture, shutter speed, depth of field, ISO setting, white balance, exposure compensation
• Portraiture, landscapes, macro, reportage, still life, action, motion, cityscapes, architecture, nature
• Use of your flash & shooting techniques in low-light conditions.
• Instruction from professional photographers
• Detailed notes
• Camera, lens and accessory shopping service
Meeting place & time:
• Questacon - King Edward Terrace, Parkes ACT
• 10am to 5pm