Photographing unique locations in beautiful Fremantle & Perth with custom workshops over 2 days.
The Code Lime Beginners Photography Course (2 days) is our most popular and ideal for those wishing to understand how to get the best out of their DLSR, mirror-less or compact camera with manual controls. It teaches the fundamentals of digital imaging, of handling light and the art of composition. 'Hands on' workshops in both Fremantle (day 1) and the Perth Zoo & UWA (day 2) are intuitive, easy to understand and tutored by professional photographers. Practical exercises with a strong emphasis on camera handling, detailed notes and a complimentary critique of your images ensures your newly learned skills are retained.
WHAT THE COURSE COVERS:
There are creative sessions on lighting and composition along with everything from exposure control to white balance, from ISO settings to focus modes and options. The course is about practical workshop demonstrations to train your eye to paint light onto a subject, how to achieve the right lens perspective, the use of aperture and shutter speed to control the creative process.
Professional, personable instructors ensure the course is educational, enlightening and fun. Different topics and a variety of situations in a small groups enhances the learning experience. This course is suited to anyone. Whether you are a beginner or photo enthusiast this is one of the best 'all rounder' beginners to intermediate photography course in the Perth area.
This 2 day course includes most of the following locations: Little Creatures Brewery, Maritime Museum, Fishing Boat Harbour, Fremantle Market, the Perth Zoo & UWA.
We will also send you a PDF of detailed notes.
• Complete understanding of your DLSR, compact or film camera functions
• Composition, light, viewpoint, angles, lens perspective.
• Aperture, shutter speed, depth of field, ISO setting, white balance, exposure compensation
• Portraiture, landscapes, macro, reportage, still life, action, motion, architecture
• Superb ocean and landscapes and sunset shots at Fremantle's Kidogo Arthouse beach (depending on sunset times)
• Nature, flowers, landscape and portrait photography at UWA
• Port-side reflection shots at the Maritime Museum
• Shots of the local buskers around Fremantle's "cappuccino strip"
• Facades of buildings demonstrating perspective control - West End Fremantle
• Use of your flash & portrait shooting techniques - Fremantle and UWA
• Dusk & low light, photography (depending on the time of year)
• Showing motion and panning on South St Fremantle
• Architecture photography techniques in Fremantle
• Lifestyle and product shooting in Fremantle
• Landscapes & macro at UWA
• Nature & Wildlife photography at Perth Zoo
• Overview of editing software and knowledge of the digital workflow
• An insight into photographing for personal, stock, editorial and commercial use
• Increased confidence and creative vision.
MEETING POINTS :
Day 1 Fremantle: Outside Moore & Moore Cafe - 46 Henry St Fremantle. We meet at 10:00am with the workshop concluding at 5:00pm
Day 2 Perth Zoo: Meet at the zoo entrance on Labouchere Rd South Perth
Serena Pearce and/or Andrew Thomasson
INCLUSIONS & EXCLUSIONS:
• Includes a pdf of detailed notes and 14 hours of intensive photographic tuition
• Food and beverages
• Entry to Perth Zoo - $33 (adults) $26 (concessions)