Learn Adobe Lightroom 6/CC - the software leading photographers use to manage their photos.
• One easy application for managing, adjusting and presenting large volumes of digital photographs • Automated features help speed the downloading, importing and renaming of files • Fine-tune your photographs with precise, easy-to-use tools • Efficient image viewing, evaluation and comparison • Elegant, uncluttered interfaces • Small group environment (max. 6 students) • The professional photographer's essential toolbox • Resource links • Cost: $240
COURSE DURATION: 4 hours
This course for photographers introduces you to Adobe Lightroom 6/CC and how enhance your photographs. This is the ultimate photo management and image-editing digital workflow program suitable for intermediate through to professional photographers.
Create the perfect look for every image whether you shoot RAW or JPEG — Lightroom 6/CC includes a comprehensive range of leading-edge image processing tools. Make precise adjustments to colour and contrast, use a flexible brush or a gradient tool to edit targeted areas of your photo, convert to black and white, reduce noise, adjust sharpness, correct perspective and much more. This course appeals to anyone with an interest in photography and digital arts using either MAC or PCs.
Adobe Lightroom 6/CC has become the standard photo management and image editing program to allow you to enhance and manipulate your photographs to bring out the very best quality, colour, exposure and resolution. The end result is a quality image which can be turned into a fine art photograph or canvas, a book, photographic album or to showcase your talent on social networking sites such as Facebook, Linked-in, Twitter or Instagram.
• Importing your images into Adobe Lightroom 6/CC
• Learn how to resize and crop images
• Differences between non destructive RAW and jpeg images
• Learn about colour and how to convert images into black and white
• Fine tuning images using sharpening, contrast, balancing exposure in highlights and shadows
• Colour space, re-sizing and resolution of images for printing, email, social networks, websites or photobooks
• Saving files for print
• Build and enhance your professional portfolio
• Exporting images to the web, iphone, ipad and other portable display mediums
• Skill set to produce fine art prints and canvas displays or galleries for Flickr and Picasa
• Optimization of images for social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Linked In or Instagram
WHAT THE COURSE COVERS:
• Adobe Lightroom 6/CC interface
• Creating new documents, importing images into Lightroom, export for print or screen
• How to resize and crop images
• RAW versus jpeg files
• Integrating Lightroom 6/CC with Photoshop CS6
• White balance and exposure
• Colour space, re-sizing and resolution
• Converting colour images
• Managing, adjusting & presenting large volumes of digital photographs
• Images resolution and quality
• Saving files for print
• Exporting image for web
• How to use key sliders such as saturation
• Re-touch and healing tool
• Highlight & shadow clipping, 'black' & ‘white’ sliders
• Non-destructive editing features
• Export to websites, iphone and ipad
Serena Pearce and/or Andrew Thomasson
Please bring your laptop for those that have one (and power cable) with Lightroom 6/CC installed (free trial version of Lightroom 6/CC is available to download from Adobe website), 20 hi res jpeg images (and Raw images if you shoot Raw - jpegs only will be fine if you don't) on a USB stick (and / or your cameras memory card with a card reader to download the images if you have one) and a notebook and pen if you want to take notes.
• Basic resource references
Code Lime Photography - 7 Brassey St Swanbourne WA 6010