3 HOUR PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP
This beginner photography workshop is run on various Saturday mornings at Bondi Beach throughout the year.
Runs from 9:00am to 12:00pm
Learn how to effortlessly take photos that have your social media followers engaging with you and leaving them wanting more. Join us in real life at Sydney’s Bondi Beach where we’ll teach you how to take such good photos your viewers will think you’ve gone pro! Bring any smartphone for this Workshop.
EXPLORE SYDNEY’S ICONIC BONDI BEACH & ITS SURROUNDING PRECINCT AS WE TEACH YOU ALL WE CAN ABOUT SHOOTING WITH YOUR SMARTPHONE.
We’ll teach you to take photos of substance of Bondi’s finest : the surfers, the lifesavers, the sunbathers and graffiti amongst a whole tonne of other stuff.
Photos don’t tell stories – they show them. They can make people feel the emotions captured in that fragment of time. Come along and discover the playfulness of the dance between light and dark as you learn how to control exposure and light.
Gain a tactile skill to easily capture the beauty in the mundane, the story behind those stranger’s eyes because that’s what your followers around the world really want to see from you. Learn how to freeze the story right in front of your eyes with framing and composition techniques. Captivate your followers on social media with a consistent look and style for your feed that is imprinted with your essence.
With your camera you’ll explore the beauty of the landscape, understand how to setup for street photography and take candid portraits, play with colour and black and white, and learn how to capture the nuances of architecture and master lifestyle images.
Whether Bondi is your backyard, you’re skipping though town on a visit to our beautiful city or you already know your way around a camera, join us for this fun, social, creative and informative workshop.
SUITABLE FOR ALL SMARTPHONES.
OVERVIEW OF SOME OF THE TOPICS:
- Exposure & understanding light (how to control this on your phone)
- Focus techniques
- Locking focus & exposure
- Framing & composition – training your eye to see
- Creating interesting images that capture your viewers and makes them look twice
- Creating a consistent captivating look and style for your feed
- Making the most of the environment for effective selfies
- Using colour to make your images pop
- Visual story telling
- Street photography : the ethics of shooting in public spaces
- Making the most of filters
- Shooting for a square format
- Portraits (candid, setup & street photography)
- Shapes (lines, repetition, patterns & reflections)
- Colour and black & white
- Lifestyle images
NO PRIOR PHOTOGRAPHY KNOWLEDGE IS NEEDED FOR THIS PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP
PLEASE NOTE: This workshop runs for 3 hours and you will be walking and standing. An appropriate amount of fitness is required.
You will need:
- Your Smartphone
- Fully charged battery and spare - if you have one
- Dress casual & comfortable with sensible shoes (you may get a little dirty at some locations)
- A water bottle is a good idea
- Sunscreen & Hat
- Wet weather gear if any rain is forecast
*A final weather check will be conducted with the Bureau of Meteorology on the morning of each workshop. This may lead to the workshop being postponed in cases of unfavourable weather reports. The workshop may run in cases of light showers but not in persistent showers or heavy rain.
N.B. Classes are run subject to acquiring minimum numbers