HALF DAY PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP – LUNCH INCLUDED
This beginner photography workshop is run on various Saturday mornings at Bondi Beach throughout the year.
Runs from 9:00am to 1:00pm – (LUNCH INCLUDED @ Bondi’s iconic Speedo’s Cafe)
Learn how to effortlessly take photos that have your Instagram followers engaging with you and leaving them wanting more. Join us in real life at Sydney’s Bondi Beach where we’ll teach you how to take such good photos your followers will think you’ve gone pro! Bring any camera, whether it be DSLR, mirrorless, compact or phone.
EXPLORE SYDNEY’S ICONIC BONDI BEACH & ITS SURROUNDING PRECINCT AS WE TEACH YOU ALL WE CAN ABOUT SHOOTING FOR INSTAGRAM
We’ll teach you to take Insta-worthy photos of Bondi’s finest : the surfers, the lifesavers, the sunbathers and graffiti amongst a whole tonne of other stuff. Scrumptious lunch included!
Photos don’t tell stories – they show them. They can make people feel the emotions captured in that fragment of time. Come along and discover the playfulness of the dance between light and dark as you learn how to control exposure and light.
Gain a tactile skill to easily capture the beauty in the mundane, the story behind those stranger’s eyes because that’s what your followers around the world really want to see from you. Learn how to freeze the story right in front of your eyes with framing and composition techniques. Captivate your followers, new and old, with a consistent look and style for your feed that is imprinted with your essence.
With your camera you’ll explore the beauty of the landscape, understand how to setup for street photography and take candid portraits, play with colour and black and white, and learn how to capture the nuances of architecture and master the Insta favourite – lifestyle images.
Whether Bondi is your backyard, you’re skipping though town on a visit to our beautiful city, you’ve master the art of blogging or you already know your way around a camera, join us for this fun, social, creative and informative half day.
We end this workshop at world renowned Speedo’s Cafe on Bondi Beach where you will photograph your beautifully presented lunch which is included in the fee.
NO PRIOR KNOWLEDGE OF PHOTOGRAPHY IS REQUIRED FOR THIS WORKSHOP.
SUITABLE FOR SMARTPHONES, MIRRORLESS OR DSLR CAMERAS.
OVERVIEW OF SOME OF THE TOPICS:
- Exposure & understanding light (how to control this on your phone, - DSLR or Mirrorless cameras)
- Focus techniques
- Locking focus & exposure
- Framing & composition – training your eye to see
- Creating interesting images that capture your viewers and makes them look twice
- Creating a consistent captivating look and style for your feed
- Making the most of the environment for effective selfies
- Using colour to make your images pop
- Visual story telling
- Street photography : the ethics of shooting in public spaces
- Making the most of Instagram editing tools & filters
- Shooting for a square format
- Selecting effective hashtags and build a following
- Portraits (candid, setup & street photography)
- Shapes (lines, repetition, patterns & reflections)
- Colour and black & white
- Lifestyle images (food & street art)
NO PRIOR PHOTOGRAPHY KNOWLEDGE IS NEEDED FOR THIS PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP
Suitable for any style of camera – DSLR, Mirrorless, Compact & Smartphones.
PLEASE NOTE: This workshop runs for 4 hours and you will be walking and standing. An appropriate amount of fitness is required.
You will need:
- Your Camera(s)
- Any lenses you have that you would like to experiment with (if you have them)
- Lens Hood (if you have/require one)
- Memory Card(s) (if you need them)
- Any camera accessories you may have
- Fully charged camera battery and spare if you have one (if required)
- Your cameras manual (if you have one – for referencing those hard to find features)
- Dress casual & comfortable with sensible shoes (you may get a little dirty at some locations)
- A water bottle is a good idea
- Sunscreen & Hat
- Wet weather gear if any rain is forecast
*A final weather check will be conducted with the Bureau of Meteorology on the morning of each workshop. This may lead to the workshop being postponed in cases of unfavourable weather reports. The workshop may run in cases of light showers but not in persistent showers or heavy rain.
N.B. Classes are run subject to acquiring minimum numbers