If you want to take high quality professional standard images then this is the photography course for you. In this 8 week beginner course you will gain full creative control of your Digital SLR or Mirrorless camera.
This beginners photography course is run in the evenings : 1 night per week for 8 weeks PLUS a 3 hour Field Trip
Finally take control of your digital camera and learn all about shutter speed, aperture, light metering and all of the technical stuff but to be creative as well.
If you are beginner with a Digital SLR or Mirrorless camera with manual capabilities and you want to take high quality digital images for a hobby, work, or to kick start a career in photography, then this is the photography course for you.
We explain the intricacies of the digital world in plain english, leaving you confident with your newly acquired technical and artistic skills. You will leave your digital photography course competent to shoot anything from portraits, products, landscapes, travel, or whichever genre you choose.
This course is an all encompassing one which covers every aspect of photography over a full 19 hours of tuition with one of our professional photographers.
Previous experience is not necessary for this course!
Understanding your digital camera and unravelling your creative ability all at once, you will learn all the fundamentals of this exciting medium.
* On the 5th week of your workshop there is a 3 hour field trip around Sydney's Harbour Foreshore late on the Sunday afternoon. PLEASE ADD THIS TO YOUR DIARY UPON BOOKING.
This trip covers daylight, dusk, sunset and night digital photography where you practice all you have learnt with the support of your Tutor. All of this in addition to the studio demonstrations and practicals, allowing you to learn as you shoot. More information about this trip will follow during class.
On the final week of this digital photography course we examine the best of your imagery in a stunning digital slide show accompanied by music, pizza and soft drinks where we unwind and say farewell. We also have fantastic prizes on offer to some of our participants who make it into our 'Top 30' exhibition of images from your intake!
This course is for participants with any digital camera that has capability of shooting in manual mode. This is a 'hands-on' practical and fun digital photography course whether you are new to photography or making the transition from a 'point and shoot' compact camera.
NOT SUITABLE FOR COMPACT CAMERAS WITHOUT FULL MANUAL CAPABILITY.
Basic overview of some of the topics:
- Introduction to the digital camera & equipment
- Taking full control of your camera
- Shutter speed & working with movement
- Aperture & controlling depth
- Accurate & creative exposure techniques
- Using the histogram
- Understanding white balance
- Low light & night photography
- Working with flash
- Workflow techniques & pro tips
- Converting files for internet & printing
- Storytelling techniques
This workshop is $395 for 19hrs Tuition
Your fee includes the following:
- Professional Photographer for 19 hours tuition
- Workbook with detailed notes / notepad
- Light refreshments available throughout the evening (includes water, tea & coffee)
- Final night visual review catered with pizza and soft drinks
- Studio equipment for demonstrations
- 3 hour photographic expedition field trip with comprehensive demonstrations throughout
N.B. Classes are run subject to acquiring minimum numbers
THIS IS A BOUTIQUE EXPERIENCE - MAXIMUM NO. OF STUDENTS PER CLASS IS 12
No prior photography knowledge is needed for this photography course.
Not suitable for compact cameras without full manual mode.
You will need:
- A Digital SLR or Mirrorless camera or any other camera with full manual capability.
- Memory Card(s)
- Any camera accessories you may have - i.e: tripod, lens hood, etc.
- Fully charged camera battery and spare if you have one
- Your cameras manual - for referencing those hard to find features
Note: A tripod and lens hood are strongly recommended. If you do not already have these you should consider purchasing them at your earliest convenience as they are an essential part of any good photography kit. Using your SPW Student Discount Card you will get discounts with our affiliates.
*A final weather check will be conducted with the Bureau of Meteorology on the afternoon of your Field Trip. This may lead to the Trip being postponed in cases of unfavourable weather reports. The Trip may run in cases of light showers but not in persistent showers or heavy rain. Should we need to postpone you will be notified via text message to the mobile number supplied to us.
Images by course students. Images shown are those selected for the Top 30 Gallery from each Intake.