Enhance your visual and technical skills to capture awe-inspiring images and gain more confidence with your photo taking skills on a private outdoor tuition session.
There is no set structure, curriculum or location for our outdoor photography tuition sessions; we will tailor the topics to your experience, interests and skill level whether you are a beginner or advanced amateur wanting to hone your skills.
Let us know a little about your photographic interests and we’ll go from there…
* If you wish to focus on wildlife photography, we have another private tuition course at Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary - see separate listing or book this one with comments and we will advise details.
All that you learn in your outdoor classroom is through experimentation and comprehensive guidance throughout the session. What Roy shares with you is based on many years of photographic experience and an interest in nature, wildlife and travel photography – expertise that has seen him accomplish a range of state and national photography awards.
A summary of what Roy will teach you…
• Setting up your camera for the best possible results
• Understanding and working with natural light
• Composition to enhance your image
• Correct exposure and interpreting the histogram
• Effectively adjusting ISO and white balance
• Depth of field and aperture settings
• Ensuring correct shutter speeds for the subject and conditions
• Accurate focusing
Throughout the session you will review your photos on the LCD screen to continuously improve your skills and learn new and different approaches to photographing a range of subjects.
By the end of the session, you’ll be navigating the buttons, dials and menus on your camera with greater confidence and gaining much more from its available features.
Location and where to meet…
The location of your outdoor photography tuition session will be suggested based on your interests and goals*.
* Generally within a 30km radius of Hobart CBD – an additional cost may apply for travel to a location outside of the greater Hobart region.
There are many and varied locations to choose from in Hobart itself or a short distance from Hobart CBD – here’s few ideas…
• Hobart waterfront and historic precincts
• Mt Wellington – nature, landscape, waterfalls & macro/close-ups
• Richmond Village – colonial and convict built structures
• Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens – macro/close-ups
• Inverawe Native Gardens – bird photography, plants & flowers (entry fee applies)
Private Tuition is scheduled by request, subject to availability of tutor. Please let us know if your dates are flexible. We will make suggestions of alternative dates if the date/time you request is not available.