This one day course covers the functions and features of all the dials, buttons and menus on your camera - what they are and what they do.
Compact Cameras are the small "point and shoot" digital cameras that you can put in your handbag or shirt pocket. Designed for ease of use, they offer a wide range of functions and versatlity, that most users never discover, because they are hidden away in menus or they have ambiguous descriptions.
• The difference between‘AUTO’ and ’SCENE’ modes
• Guide to exposure
• Apertures - what they are and what they do
• Shutter speeds - create or freeze movement
• ISO explained
• White Balance
• Flash explained - when to use and when not to use. How to override your camera’s auto-flash mode.
• Achieve special effects by using the wrong ’Scene modes’
• Put into practice all the theory covered in the morning:-
• Creating portraits outdoors - no more dark faceless people
• Take landscapes with the correct ‘depth of field’ to maximise sharpness.
• Freeze a moving object such as a water drop.
• Create the ‘misty’ effect of running water.