Untouched natural bushland and historic villages, the Southern Highlands are a perfect day escape.
Located only 2 hours from Sydney is the beautiful Kangaroo Valley. An amazing amphitheatre of high sandstone escarpments enclosing a lush river valley provide a rich and diverse environment for the photographer. You will learn how to shoot stunning landscapes, 19th century architecture, nature and much more. Take advantage of the stunning night sky where the movement of star trails can be captured using a combination of tripod and long exposure.
Unleash your creative talents on this varied and fascinating one day tour while enjoying the tranquility of the Southern Highlands.
• Gourmet food, wine tasting, architecture, landscapes, flowers, black and white portraiture
• The Historic village of Berrima (founded in 1830s). A focus on shooting architecture
• Bowral has become one of Australia's leading festival town
• Joadja, a historic abandoned ghost town with many of the historical buildings remaining in ruin such as some of the miner's cottages, a school house, church, cemetery and refinery devices such as shale ovens. These ovens are protected and are on a World Heritage listing.
• Bundanoon: learning to shoot in low light interiors of the historic pubs
• Lookout from Cambewarra Mountain for panoramic shots of the valley, Nowra and the coast.
• Hampden Bridge, built in the 1890's, is Australia's oldest suspension bridge
• Berry’s boutique wineries of note and the restaurants and local gourmet food outlets
• Meeting point: Front of White Horse Inn / Berrima at 10am /
• A large variety of locations over one full day including:
• Complete understanding of your DLSR, compact or film camera functions.
• Composition, light, viewpoint, angles, lens perspective
• Aperture, shutter speed, depth of field, ISO setting, white balance, exposure compensation
• Landscape photography in Kangaroo Valley
• Flora photography in the Everglade Gardens
• Architecture photography of the historic villages of Berrima and Robertson
• Portraiture in Berrima including black and white
• Use of your flash & shooting techniques in wirelerss flash in the ghost town of Joadja
• An insight into photographing for personal, stock, editorial and commercial use
Andrew Thomasson and assistants
Must be able to walk 4-6km on the day
• Detailed notes
• Transportation (or bring your own vehicle)
• Lunches, snacks etc.
• Driving from location to location and walking.
• You can use your own vehicle or we have room for 4 persons in our wagon