Pet (dog) photography course, Perth
Why a Focus 10 Pty Ltd Pet (dog) photography course?
• Paws for 2 hours and do our fun pet photography course
• Bring your own pet or shoot other local dogs
• Established, recognised experts in pet and animal photography
• Gain first-hand experience with all cameras
• Ideal for those wanting to take much better photos of their pets
• Learn how to shoot a large variety of dogs in action
• Depth of field, aperture, colour balance, lens perspective
• Freezing and showing motion, exposure, focus modes and points
• Meet interesting, like minded persons who love animals (dogs)
• No more than 8 persons per group for more individual attention
• First hand experience up-close and personal with dogs
• Expert tuition from pro photographers Andrew & Serena for a doggone great time.
The pet (dog) photography course covers the gear and technique needed to take great shots. It requires a fast, trained eye to capture the action using varying depth of fields, shutter speeds, freezing and capturing motion and incorporating the right light and composition to create a great image. Animal photography is challenging, rewarding and highly satisfying. When you nail a great shot you can feel justifiably proud. Many factors come into play such as lens perspective. For instance, shooting with a wide angle lens, a dachshund become a 3 foot long frankfurter and a long lens turns a bulldogs face into a look a like Winston Churchill.
Leighton/ Mosman/ Sth. Cottesloe beach is the perfect place to run this course. These three beaches are Perth’s more peaceful, uncrowded beaches – perfect for swimming, long walks, wind surfing and playing with your dog. For this reason it is a favourite beach among people who live in Perth. The sharp, clean light, reflecting back off the white sands, blue water and shallow waters makes it a photographers paradise. You will get superb photographs of your dog in action as the background is so clean, fresh and uncluttered.
Professional tutoring, 1/1 mentoring and guidance from professional photographer Andrew and / or Serena who both have enviable records as professional pet, wildlife and sports photographers. Small groups of (max of 8 persons) ensures that the animals do not get into too many 'dog fights'.
Leighton Beach also has a great mix of 'local heros' who like to surf, chill out and roll in the seaweed at the northern end of Mosman Beach.
The last hour of the course is dedicated to a workflow session using Lightroom 5 and a brief overview on the business side of pet photography at a local beach cafe.
What about a pet photography studio course? Many of our students are asking... well what about a pet photography course to show us how to shoot ALL pets.... from Anaconda's to a Welsh Corgi (zebras are not pets) Please email us with expressions of interest. We also accept commissions to shoot your dog or any pet at your home or location of choice.
Andrew Thomasson (BSc) Andrew has travelled extensively on all seven continents and leads photographic trips for global adventure travel companies and for Focus 10 Pty Ltd. Photo wildlife Safaris to Namibia, the Arctic, Tanzania, India, Antarctica and Australia.
Serena Pearce (B.Ap.Sc., Dip. Photo ) Accredited Member of the A.I.P.P.
Serena has a lifetime of photographic expertise shooting pets, hippos on the Okavango River or warding off camels at the Pushkar Camel Festival. Serena lives in nearby Swanbourne and has one dog, 2 cats and a rabbit!