Mastering Real Estate & Architectural Photography online course.
• 235 pages of content
• Study at your own pace, anywhere, anytime
• What gear, lenses, best techniques
• 15 assignments
• Ongoing support & mentoring from 2 professional photographers
• Certificate of completion
• Workflow, output. Lightroom 6 & floorplans
• Worldwide social network through Facebook & Instagram
Our real estate and architecture course steers you through the hows and whys of photographing properties. Covering exteriors& interiors, shooting in different locations, camera and lens advice, composition tips, lighting techniques, file manipulation, post production & preparation for different types of media, this course has the lot.
Discover the secrets and problem solving tips from professionals. Learn to see architecture exteriors and interiors in a new light. Experiment with angles, pick out details, use depth of field and motion in your images for results you’ll be proud to show. On the practical side there are 15 assignments to enhance your skills in composition, low light photography, creating movement in a static environment and how to shoot interior décor to create a magazine style image. The assignments can be completed anytime with no time limit or pressure imposed on you.
For lovers of fine architecture and travellers you gain the skills to bring back evocative, memorable images of places you have stayed at or visited. The course will also appeal to photographers needing to learn more about flash gun techniques and shooting under a wide range of difficult lighting conditions. Many of our course students just love still life photography and shooting architecture.
In this course you will learn from how to shoot iconic landmark buildings, residential houses and commercial premises with an artistic flair that sets you apart from the competition.
A series of chapters will cover prepping the property, props, the best cameras, lenses and accessories. Settings such as aperture priority & ISO, shooting RAW, bracketing & exposure compensation, balancing interior & exterior light, white balance, colour profiling, colour cast, lighting corners, wireless, HDR, filters, workflow, costings and output for screen or print. On the social media side we foster a worldwide fraternity with our Facebook & Instagram forums to connect you around the world.
Our professional photographers Serena Pearce from Code Lime Photography in beachside Swanbourne, Perth, Western Australia & Andrew Thomasson from Focus 10 Photography in Paddington Sydney have had the privilege of shooting some of the best real estate and architecture Australia has to offer.
We hope you enjoy this course as much as we did putting it together.
• Learn how to use every feature on your DLSR camera such as ISO, RAW, modes, WB, bracketing, HDR, reflections, filters, starbursts and much more
• Get professional advice on what camera gear is best suited for architecture and real estate photography
• Study at your own pace, with no pressure. Option to do 15 assignments
• Fast track your photographic technical and artistic skills
• Presentation, step by step guide to shooting interiors & exteriors
• Pro marketing tips & preparation for different types of media
• Learn how to use multiple lighting sources
• Lightroom 6 workflow for screen & print. Floorplan overview
• Professional portfolio, certificate of completion & worldwide social network
WHAT THE COURSE COVERS:
• Camera handling essentials
• Camera gear, lenses, accessories
• The photographic team
• Architecture versus real estate
• Shooting Interiors
• Shooting exteriors
• Common errors
• Practical assignments
• Lightroom 6 overview
• Floorplan overview
• Delivering images to the client
• Resources & social networking
• Media publications & campaigns
We also offer Real estate photo course bundles.
Online Real estate & architectural photography course
'On location' Real Estate photo course (Sydney & Perth)
$990 with ongoing complimentary mentoring service
AUTHORS & TUTORS
Andrew and Serena have the pleasure of teaching real estate & architectural photography to many students over many years and now look forward to bringing their combined experience, creativity, enthusiasm and passion to you in our Real Estate & Architecture Online Course. Andrew & Serena also jointly run many other 'On location' courses around Australia including beginners, advanced, portraiture, wildlife, wedding, wine & food, travel & post production.
SERENA PEARCE B.AP.SC., DIP.PHOTO Born in Perth, Western Australia. Lives in Swanbourne, WA & works everywhere.
ANDREW THOMASSON BSc. Born in Johannesburg, South Africa Lived in UK, Canada & now Paddington NSW. Works everywhere
Suitable for anyone. A clear step by step path for the entry-level to advanced
We recommend you have a DLSR camera with a wide angle lens such as any of the Canon EOS Nikon, Olympus, Sony range. A full frame DLSR camera is ideal but you can also start out with a cropped sensor DLSR to get into this lucrative area of photography. Mirrorless 4/3 cameras are also excellent.
At least one quality wide angle lens such as a 12-24mm for a cropped sensor DLSR. You could get away with an 18mm (such as the 18-55 Canon or 18-55 Nikkor) For a full framed DLSR, the 16-35mm wide angle zooms are perfect.
Memory Card(s): We recommend at least a 4 GB card for each 8 hour session of shooting
A sturdy tripod
Polarising filter and external flash unit
COURSE PRICE & INCLUSIONS:
• 235 Page course (download as a pdf file)
• Instruction & mentoring from professional photographers
• Option to submit 15 assignments for critique and grading
• Certificate of completion
• Exclusive access to worldwide community of real estate photographers through our social media network