Hone your skills in photographing landscapes in the beautiful surrounds of Cottesloe beach, Peppermint Grove river foreshore and Kings Park (including dusk shots)
• 4 hours • Outdoor shooting • Beach scenes • views of Perth • River and boating • Assignments and portfolio • Small groups (max 10) • Cost: $200
The mark of a great landscape photographer is the ability to produce high quality images that evoke an emotive reaction from the viewer.
Composition, control of light and creating a mood is what this course is all about. You will learn different types of landscape photography - from creating movement or freezing motion at the beach, arty abstract landscape images, tranquil reflections and mirror images of the river and iconic bush and parkland scenes throughout Kings Park. Shooting scenes in low light and “painting with light” techniques will also be covered. Learn to develop your style - whether this is creative and experimental, stylised or formal.
This landscape course is taught in conjunction with Code Lime Photography and is also run in Sydney and Melbourne. We will impart a high level of proficiency to the serious amateur photographer or to someone considering a career in landscape photography. You will be confident to shoot at a professional level. It assumes a proficiency in digital camera handling and technical knowledge. Ideally you will have completed our Digital 1 course or be able to demonstrate a similar level of competency. The group will be limited to a maximum of 10 people for a highly personalised training experience.
The appropriate selection of camera gear is an important component to this course which we will tailor to your individual requirements. Your instructors are professional photographers and you can draw upon their accumulated knowledge throughout.
• Learn how to use every feature on your digital camera to the full
• Knowledge on the best camera/lens combinations for landscape work
• Get unbiased advice on what camera gear is best suited for your needs and budget
• To recognise the quality and direction of light
• Advanced tips on setting up landscape shots & composition
• Fast track your technical and artistic skills
• Small groups (10 persons maximum)
• A professional portfolio taken by yourself
WHAT THE COURSE COVERS:
• Advanced digital SLR camera functions
• Choice of lenses and accessories
• Exposure bracketing, compensation and ISO
• Channels & parameters, colour temperature
• Creative use of depth of field
• Unusual viewpoints & tilting / lens and linear perspective
• High contrast / colour harmony / blurring / freezing of motion / conveying movement
• Operation of external flash unit, rear / 2nd curtain synch flash
• Dusk and night photography
• Painting with light
Serena Pearce / Andrew Thomasson
Digital 1 course (or equivalent) or a sound grasp of photography - (an email test can be provided if you are unsure).
Meet at : Il Lido Cafe - 88 Marine Pde Cottesloe (cnr of Forrest St and Marine Pde)
• Instruction from professional photographers
• Camera, lens and accessory shopping service
• Personal assessment and critique of your portfolio
• Certificate of completion (on request)