The best 'all rounder' portraiture course for beginners and intermediates.
• Learn all the pro tips to shoot models, families, kids, singles • how to set up your own studio indoor studio lighting • portraits with natural light sources • small groups • professional models • enhance your portfolio • detailed notes • $390 • 8hrs • notes and lunch included
Hands on, interactive, dynamic photographic training in shooting models and portraits by the skilled Focus 10 team.
You will be shooting models (and each other) learning how to pose the models with various props to achieve glamorous, elegant images. We use models who are engaging and attractive with a natural affinity to the camera. learn to shoot boudoir, corporate, casual, formal... and the full range of different styles and photographic techniques to bring out the models natural flair and beauty.
Learn “tools of the trade”, what you need to know about camera gear, and accessories for high quality evocative portraiture. We cover how to use your camera gear, all about studio lighting including mixing strobe, tungsten and available light and the golden rules of composition. This intensive course is about practical demonstrations to train your eye, to ‘paint’ light onto a subject, how to select the right lens and the advanced use of aperture and shutter speed to control the creative process.
We also offer a 'still life' session, digital workflow and touch on post production. There's intuitive instruction on lighting and composition along with everything from exposure control to white balance, from ISO settings to focus options. You will also learn all about macro photography used in shooting food and products (by request as sometimes our groups only want to keep on shooting the models)
This full 8 hour day course will appeal to those photographers travelling from out of town and to Sydneysiders who want a fully comprehensive, intensive training experience and is especially appealing to time pressed persons and those wanting to discover the unique nature of model, glamour, fashion and studio photography.
All of our studio courses are held in a large architecturally designed bush house in an airy nature setting. Our studio features separate mini studio environments within one location.
The one day course makes the ideal gift for friends, business colleagues and family members.
• Learn how to use your DLSR camera or digital compact to shoot professional portraits
• Pro techniques to shoot stunning portraits of models, kids, groups and singles
• Memory, file sizes, formats
• How to set up your own studio
• Free camera shopping service & ongoing technical support
WHAT THE COURSE COVERS:
• Your DLSR digital camera functions
• Memory, file sizes, formats, storage
• Composition, light, viewpoint, angles, lens perspective
• Aperture, shutter speed, depth of field, ISO setting, white balance, exposure compensation
• Portraiture styles such as candid, formal, glamour, themed, groups
• Use of continuous lighting, strobes and off camera wireless flash
• Setting up your own studio and the gear required
• How to use and position studio lights for professional results
• The skill of combining natural and artificial light sources for great portraits
Andrew Thomasson and assistants
• No prior photography knowledge
• We recommend you have a digital DLSR camera such as the Canon 400D, 450D, 550D, 40D, 50D, 60D, 7D, EOS 1, 5D( any Canon DLSR)
• or Nikon D40X, D60, D70, D80, D90, D200, D300, D700, D7000, D3 ( any Nikon DLSR)
• or Sony, Olympus, Pentax, Panasonic, Samsung DLSR camera etc
• We cater for digital compact users such as those having a Canon G11, G12, Lumix LX3, LX5, Coolpix P7000 (as long as it has manual functions
• You can rent a DLSR for $50
• At least one quality multi range lens such as a Nikkor 18-200mm VR lens, a Canon 17-85mm, or the twin kit lenses Ideally a prime lens such as a Nikon/Canon 50mm f1.8
• Memory Card(s) -min 2GB card (we also sell memory cards)
• Charged camera battery, your charger and a tripod. Or you can borrow a studio tripod.
Course price & inclusions:
• 8 Hours: AUD $390
• Instruction from professional photographers
• Detailed notes
• Camera, lens and accessory shopping service