The Blue Mountains offers a diverse range of landscapes, delicate close-up macro photography studies, remote valleys and gorges, plunging waterfalls, abundant bird life and opulent architecture left over from a bygone era.
Our tour starts with an early morning shoot of the towering crags from Everglades Gardens. The Jameson Valley lies below, blue with the hue from aerial haze washed in golden light.
Our program commences with a brief lesson on camera handling, colour profiling, file sizes. ISO and +/- exposure compensation. We stop for morning tea or coffee in the Everglades old spa hotel and a wonderful example of 1920's opulent grandeur, of tea dances and weekend retreats from another era.
We then have a brief walk on the Wentworth falls track, photographing waterfalls and close up nature shots. Its then a short drive to Mount Wilson. These private gardens are renowned for their year-round beauty; glorious rhododendrons, daffodils and carpeted meadows in spring, rich reds and golds in Autumn. In winter the sharp clean winter light is excellent for panoramic shots over the surrounding valleys.
• Sunrise over the Three Sisters and walk to the Golden staircase
• Historic village of Leura with a focus on shooting architecture, quaint shops and cafes
• Carrington Hotel and drinks in the Parragon cafe in Katoomba, shooting local characters
• A brief visit to the famous Hydro Majestic Hotel and railway station at Blackheath
• Mount Wilson with its lovely old buildings and historic gardens landscapes
• Wentworth Falls Overcliff track. Photographing waterfalls and birdlife
• Classic landscape photography over Valley of the Waters. How to handle light and contrast
• Gourmet food photopgraphy, architecture, landscapes, flowers, black and white, iphone apps